This is for the Shrimp Chowder. I didn’t use organic, I didnt follow the directions exactly at step 3, but mine still turned out amazing. This does not make a lot, It wasn’t nearly enough for my family of 6, next time I will probably double the recipe.
- 2 cupsorganic vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoonsminced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 1/2 cupprechopped carrot
- 1/2 cupprechopped onion
- 1/4 cupprechopped celery
- 2 tablespoonsall-purpose flour
- 1 poundmedium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cupheavy whipping cream
- 1. Pour broth into a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH 1 minute.
- 2. Combine broth, thyme, and black pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and simmer.
- 3. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; sauté for 3 minutes or until tender. Add flour, stirring with a whisk. Stir carrot mixture and shrimp into broth mixture; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cover and simmer 4 minutes.4
Now our main course was ravioli bake, and I will be adding this to our meal rotation, it was so easy, and my kids loved it, especially my two year old.
You need:1 jar of pasta sauce
1 package (25oz to 27oz) of frozen meat-filled ravioli
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
grated parmesan cheese
Here’s what you do:
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Pour in enough sauce to cover the bottom of dish (about 1/3 of the jar)
3. Arrange half of the raviolis over the sauce. Then pour on more sauce so the raviolis are covered.
4. Cover with 1 cup of cheese.
5. Repeat layers (ravioli, sauce, cheese).
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then, remove foil and bake for about 15 more minutes.
8. Let it stand a few minutes before serving, and then enjoy this EASY meal!
We used cheese filled ravioli and not meat. It was so good. I did use two jars of spaghetti sauce instead of one. I prefer a lot of sauce.